Come and meet us for a coffee (or tea) at our monthly coffee morning.
To find out more go to our Calendar of Events page under Local Lib Dems.
Our Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Spokeperson For Brighton Kemptown
(Click on picture to find out more about Ben)
- UK has worst ever corruption score
- Brighton & Hove City hotel features in child asylum seekers scandal.
- Brighton second most expensive place for council car parks in country
- Too Little, Too Late.
- Autumn Statement heralds more Austerity!
- Inflation hits 41 year high as it reaches 11.1%
- Boundary Commission announces new ward boundaries
- As UK temperatures hit record highs B & H Lib Dems call for urgent action on global warming
- Tory politicians continue to fight amongst themselves.
- Eleven stand in race for Tory Party leadership
Click to see Brighton Kemptown wards
Only part of the constituency lies within the area covered by Brighton and Hove Liberal Democrats. The current boundaries of the Kemptown Constituency are: The City of Brighton and Hove wards of East Brighton, Moulescombe and Bevendean, Queen's Park, Rottingdean Coastal, and Woodingdean, and the District of Lewes wards of East Saltdean and Telscombe Cliffs, Peacehaven East, Peacehaven North, and Peacehaven West.
Between 1970 and 1997 the Constituency was represented by Andrew Bowden a Conservative in 1997 Des Turner took the seat for Labour but in 2010 it reverted to Conservative. The current MP, Lloyd Russel Moyle for Labour was elected in 2017. The LibDems have consistently been in third place until the election in 2015 when we were pushed to fifth. Our best performance was in 2010 when we gained 18% of the vote.Over the years the Liberal Democrats have had councillors is various parts of the Constituency.