Our Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Spokeperson For Brighton Kemptown
(Click on picture to find out more about Ben)
- As UK temperatures hit record highs B & H Lib Dems call for urgent action on global warming
- Tory politicians continue to fight amongst themselves.
- Eleven stand in race for Tory Party leadership
- Lib Dems win Tiverton & Honiton By-Election.
- Inflation hits 9%, 1 in 4 people skip meals as inflation impacts.
- Lib Dem Home Affairs Spokesperson, Alistair Carmichael accuses Priti Patel of trying to micro manage police
- Chancellor admits that the Welfare Computer system is not up to the job.
- NHS waiting list reaches 6.36 million
- Layla Moran calls for an Online Crime Agency
- Incompetent Home Secretary's latest inhumane proposal!
Only part of the constituency lies within the area covered by Brighton and Hove Liberal Democrats. The current boundaries of the Kemptown Constituency are: The City of Brighton and Hove wards of East Brighton, Moulescombe and Bevendean, Queen's Park, Rottingdean Coastal, and Woodingdean, and the District of Lewes wards of East Saltdean and Telscombe Cliffs, Peacehaven East, Peacehaven North, and Peacehaven West.
Between 1970 and 1997 the Constituency was represented by Andrew Bowden a Conservative in 1997 Des Turner took the seat for Labour but in 2010 it reverted to Conservative. The current MP, Lloyd Russel Moyle for Labour was elected in 2017. The LibDems have consistently been in third place until the election in 2015 when we were pushed to fifth. Our best performance was in 2010 when we gained 18% of the vote.Over the years the Liberal Democrats have had councillors is various parts of the Constituency.